Saturday, January 4, 2014


        It's January 4th, which means that the resolutions people have made for this year are either in full swing, or already broken. One of my resolutions was to go to the gym everyday (what a joke), this resolution is already broken because I spent the whole day playing Sims 3. (this isn't a joke. Sims 3 is a way of life, once you start you have to commit)
       Another one of my resolutions is to not take things so seriously. I went through a tough time in 2013. I took everything people said about me and to me to heart and that's just not a way to go about things. I'm just going to try my hardest to not let comments and things like that get to me. And hopefully this change will also help me with my confidence.
      The most important resolution In my opinion is to write more. Writing is my main passion and I haven't really had time to write as much as I would like to, and hopefully i'll take the steps to change that. I've been writing a novel for the past two years and I've been having a tough time with trying to finish it up because of writers block. I'm going to make it a top priority this year to finish it up, and maybe even manage that in a few months. In an effort to minimize the amount of writers block, I think it's a good idea to read more. I love to read, but just like writing, I don't really have time for it. I went on a Barnes and Noble shopping spree a year ago when I got an American Express gift card from my parents for graduating high school, and I still haven't found the time to get through those. I'll make it a mission this year to get through those books, and maybe even post a few reviews of what I think about them.
    I hope you all have a great year, and if you're like me and 2013 wasn't that great for you, I'm sure we can make 2014 work for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment