Friday, January 10, 2014

Valentine's Day is coming up, which means that it's time to pull out your glitter glue and heart shapes. I saw pictures of really nice heart garlands, so I decided to make my own. Since I'm super duper frugal, my first thought was about where I could get the supplies for the garland the cheapest. 
These hearts were from the dollar section in Target. It's a pretty great deal if you ask me. I'm not crafty at all, mostly because I don't have the patience necessary to finish most crafts, so when I say that this was a super easy craft to complete, I'm not kidding. 


Glitter is one of my favorite things, so when I realized that I had a chance to use it, I grabbed it.  
I alternated between Elemers Glue (the squeezable bottle one, not stick) and Modpoge because I didn't know which one would dry faster (that's the lack of patience talking again). 
These are what my hearts looked like when I was finished. I recommend spraying the hearts you put glitter on with hair spray. The hair spray will help keep the hearts intact. 
This garland would have looked better if I had used yarn in stead of string, but I was resourceful and used what I had. 

This is what it looks like when it's done. 
Have fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment